Happy Wednesday, friends! I hope everyone’s week is going well and you’re starting to look forward to the weekend! One reason I wanted to start a blog was to share some of my project life layouts. I love being able to look at others layouts in order to gain some inspiration, perspective and learn a little bit more about someone.
I am currently working in the digital format. Part of that is honestly due to money. I already have Photoshop thanks to my parents and I had bought a few digital Project Life collections that I could use over and and over again without needing to be replaced. I also like that I can make the page fit the photos I have – if I need an extra 4×6, I can create one in place of 2 3×4 pockets. I plan to have a photo book printed once the year is complete. I do miss the physical aspect though – I’m a definite paper hoarder with my business cards and ticket stubs. I am scanning some of these and including them digitally, but I also hope to add a pocket to the book when it done so I can include some of those physical mementos.
January was my first full month in Austin so we explored a lot and practically ate our way through the city!
- We started the new year watching the Washington Capitals in the NHL Winter Classic.
- Started our new year’s goals of going to the gym at Planet Fitness.
- Checked out Micklethwait Craft Meats – awesome, awesome barbecue. If you’re ever in Austin, I highly recommend check them out.
- New apartment means many trips to IKEA, conveniently located nearby.
- We also were house hunting and loved this little townhouse, but alas not meant to be!
- Roswell and I made our first trip (of what I’m sure will be many) together out to Jester King Brewery
- We checked out Austin’s music scene with one of Roswell’s favorite bands
- Had an amazing lunch at Garbo’s – so good!
- I also included a “Currently” card to give me an idea of what I was doing this month – it rained nearly every day for like a month after I moved and I watched all seven season of (the new) Doctor Who.
- The Contemporary Austin had a free admission day one day Roswell was working so I visited both their location downtown and out in Laguna Gloria. I happened to be there at the same time an artist’s talk was happening so I joined in on that (and saw Adam from Mythbusters – how random!)
- Lots more food – Jack Allen’s Kitchen, Punch Bowl Social and Pok-e-jo’s
- It also hit 70 degrees in January – which terrifies me with what’s in store for this summer
- I received a wonderful card and book from my friend Erin and won an instagram giveaway hosted by Preeti Chaulk of Nines to 5 and Ashley of evermore paper co.
- I volunteered at Texas Arts Advocacy Day down at the Texas State Capitol
- Met up with new sisters from the Alpha Gamma Delta Austin Junior Circle
- And a project life layout at 3 Black Cat Co. would not be complete without one of our darling cats
- P.S. I kinda feel like this last page fell apart – it’s not as cohesive as I would like it. I had a few things I wanted to include from happenings and not as many pictures.
January was a very busy month! While I’m not working, I definitely wanted to take advantage of getting out as much as possible to explore the city. I would love to see your latest layout – share a link in the comments below!