Today, I am sharing my all-time favorite sandwich! When Roswell and I moved to Austin, one of the places we were most sad to leave behind was our favorite bar in Whole Foods at Fair Lakes. A bar in a grocery store, you say?! Yes! Cheezetown was a bar within the Whole Foods where you could order up a rotating menu of the best craft beers on tap and some of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I’ve ever had!
Once we moved and couldn’t order this sandwich whenever we wanted, we set to work perfecting the sandwich at home! It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo, especially if you have leftover guacamole and pico de gallo from your fiesta today!
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT:
- Crusty White Bread (we like the mini French loaf from Whole Foods)
- Butter (to achieve golden perfection!)
- Habenero Monterey Jack Cheese (you can also use Pepper Jack – slices, shredded or block)
- Guacamole (you can make your own, use leftovers from your Cinco de Mayo fiesta, or we are partial to the Fresh Spicy Guac from Whole Foods)
- Pico de Gallo (this time we used the pico de gallo from Trader Joe’s, but you can make your own or we love the freshness of the pico from Whole Foods)
- Knife and cutting board for your cheese if it’s not already cut
- Panini Press (Roswell and I received the Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler *affiliate link* as a wedding present and LOVE it!)
I would love to know what you think about our Hab Jack Grilled Cheese! Share pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #3blackcatco!
What is your favorite combination of flavors for grilled cheese?