We got a brief taste of spring this week! The weather was gorgeous (almost too warm for a mid-day run) and I managed to get away from my desk at lunch twice for runs. I felt a little crummy during my run on Friday, so I was happy to have a rest day on Saturday. The weather cooled on Sunday, but I thought it was perfect running weather and I got a solid 7 mile training run in!
There is a lot of stuff happening in the CUCB world tomorrow (February 28) – make sure you don’t miss anything!
- Last day to transfer your bib – if you aren’t able to run on April 2, transfer your bib to someone who missed out in the lottery!
- Last day to purchase any extra items like a performance shirt, a medal, carbon offset or Good Luck Box!
- Last day for team registration – don’t miss your chance to take part in the friendly team competition.
- The third Medstar Sports Educational Seminar will be held tomorrow at 6:30 and it’s all about Nutrition and Hydration for Every Runner! Be sure to RSVP!
Okay – so here’s what my last week looked like:
Monday 2/20: Yoga Basics (60:00)
Tuesday 2/21: Pilates Fitness (60:00)
Wednesday 2/22: Rest
Thursday 2/23: AM: Barbell Strength (60:00)
Lunch: 2.12 mile run (27:03) 12:46 min/mi
Friday 2/24: 2.02 mile run (28:39) 14:11 min/mi
My plan was 2 sets of: .25 mile, .12 mile recovery, .50 mile, .25 mile recovery. However, I got a bloody nose on the second quarter mile, so I stopped my workout a bit early. I wasn’t feeling as great during this workout as I had the week before. I’m not sure if it was temperature I’m not used to yet… Anytime, my splits for the workout were: 2:30.6, 4:44.4, 2:31.7. I guess I’ll try again next week!
Saturday 2/25: Rest
We had a bunch of errands to run so in lieu of my yoga class, I just did some stretching and foam rolling at home. We also swung by the Potomac River Running in Arlington to pick up my Training Programs pullover – I was a little nervous about the pink, but it’s super cute!
Sunday 2/26: 6.90 miles (1:26:25) 12:31 min/mi
Total mileage for the week: 11.05 miles
My goals for this week:
- Foam rolling and stretch DAILY!
- Run 4 times, including 1 speed workout (currently planning Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, & Sunday – hopefully the weather cooperates!)
- Knowing my schedule this week, I would like to try to make it to 1 yoga class and 2 strength training classes
What are your goals this week?
Did you know that the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run Social Media team is raising money for Credit Unions for Kids, supporting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals? I have a personal goal to raise $250 towards our team goal of $2,500 – will you help me?